I’m keeping the title of this first blog “Hello World!” ’cause that’s what my Grama says when she’s naked. …you’re welcome. 😉 (for the visual) Here’s to the first musical blog of many, I’m sure that because I truly love making music and singing and playing and smiling, that I’ll be updating this piece as often as you’ll wanna read it!
Looking forward to next week, I have a Double-Feature show with Tom Woodbury (www.tomwoodbury.com)! It’s at Metropolis from 8-12 and we’re gonna be awesome! We’re gonna be on the radio at 4:30pm Friday, May 4. Jim Maxwell has kindly offered to spend some time with us on his afternoon WVEW 107.7 FM show.
Tom Woodbury is an amazing songwriter and guitarist who’s made me cry a fair share of times. Not to mention playing with him at open mic a couple weeks back, we stopped the whole place from talking and everyone started singing along with us. Priceless. I’m looking forward to rockin’ the F out with him and enjoying Metropolis because those cats are awesome.
Here’s what Tom put:
- Artist: Tom Woodbury & Anita Kinney
- Date: Monday, May 7th 2012
- Time: 8:00pm
- City: Brattleboro, VT
- Venue: Metropolis Wine Bar & Cocktail Lounge
- Address: 55 Elliot Street
- Venue phone: 802-490-2255
- Country: US
- Admission: No cover. Tips welcome
- Age restrictions: No Minors
- Notes: C’mon on out and join Tom and Anita for a rare double-bill at Metropolis. Anita will bring her lovely voice and a guitar and some ukes. She’ll make you laugh and make you cry, all at the same time with her wonderful original songs as well as beautiful renditions of some classics. Think Patsy Cline meets Nancy Sinatra, but with more sass. And I’ll do what I do. Some Anita time, some Tom time, some double-barreled Anita & Tom time. Don’t be square. This will be a really great night.