TuesDayNewsDay Vol.2 Issue 12, September 3, 2019
#WeeklySongSeries video tonight 7-9 – Live from Imbibe in Chapel Hill, NC – Songwriters Night hosted by Neville’s Quarter with Tim Smith!
Dedication: Today is for my brother Skippo and for my adopted Alexander family who all miss him every day.
Quote: “I wish that I knew what I know now… when I was younger.” – Oh La La , by The Faces
Song: Oh La La , by The Faces https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQOnEgzt-I
Today is my adopted brother Skip’s birthday; he would have been 43. It’s a sacred day for me. The quote and song today are from his favorite movie, Rushmore. Skip passed into the next life in June, 2013. I think of him every day. I miss him. He called me Stinkie. He introduced me to Twin Peaks, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and J.R.R. Tolkien. He was the ultimate nerd. I called him whenever I couldn’t remember a movie title. He taught me about tequila and bananas. He and I were the owls of our clan. He hated limes. He loved sushi, specifically yellow tail. He taught me about the atmosphere squiggles at the horizon sitting in the driveway one night staring at the stars. We wrestled and I never won. We played online Scrabble while I was away at college and I never won. He wasn’t the kind of guy to let you win just because he loved you. He was the smartest and most interesting person I’ve ever known. He was obsessed with and baffled by love. I looked up to him. He always protected me and stood up for me. He will always be with me and looks after me to this day. Today is dedicated to him. I’ll be singing for him tonight.
Miss you Skippo.
Much love everyone – be sure you always tell your people you love them – you never know what they’re going through and it sucks to feel alone.
Tune in tonight 7-9 for the livestream.
- TONIGHT: Songwriters Night @ Imbibe in Chapel Hill w/Tim Smith! September 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- EMCEE Blue Bear Fest in Todd, NC (outside of Boone) September 6, 2019 – September 7, 2019
- Opening for Rickolus @ The Cave! September 10, 2019 at 8:00 pm – 12:00 am
- JByrd’s Tribute Show by the GiddyUp Cowgirls @ The Kraken September 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- 12-1pm Furry Friends Show September 14, 2019 at 12-1 pm
- 6pm – Carrboro Music Festival w/the band! Bruce Horvath (guitar and mandolin) & Robert Cantrell (drum badassery) – Steel String Brewery in Carrboro!
This week in pictures: