TuesDayNewsDay Vol.2 Issue 11, August 27, 2019
#WeeklySongSeries video tonight!
Quote: “Man is not essentially a rational being, merely one capable of rationality.” – Reuven Bar-Levav (psychologist I quoted in my Critical Thinking class this week.)
Song: “Urge For Going” by Joni Mitchell …I’m rushing in the Autumn https://youtu.be/Z3EofN3Flag
Last week, teaching three classes began for the Fall semester at Alamance Community College and I began working with Democracy Matters for the 10th year! Needless to say, by the end of the day on Tuesday, I felt not like making videos or writing at all. This week I’m getting into the swing of things, but not without the sacrifices of health – all of which I am noticing and bringing into perspective and priority. Tomorrow I will be going into the studio for a few hours and will start going to at least one yoga class a week. If that sticks, I’ll hopefully get into some sort of self-care regime where I can do all the things I love: music, teaching, organizing, tarot, sewing, walking, and now healing this ankle without creating tired eye twitches and light-headed weakness… I actually love this healing ankle thing, although, like a dear friend stated so clearly, “Non-linear healing can be very frustrating.” Remembering ice, rest, elevation and getting enough sleep are key to doing all these things. Physical therapy and counseling and Al-Anon are all up in that mix and now that the semester has begun, RECORDING is going to be happening less (when I can fit it in). ..that makes me sad.
Tonight, I will be making the Tuesday video song the Joni Mitchell song of the week. It’s been careening through my mind since the wind blew so noticeably through the trees two days ago. Perhaps my desire for the seasons to change is permeating through my perpetual inner song reel… The humidity has dropped and I couldn’t be more thankful.
Soak it up y’all. Also, wish me luck, I’m learning an amazing couple of Jonathan Byrd covers for the Cowgirl show in a few weeks. I’m so excited, his guitar skills are stretching my skills pretty far! Challenges!!
Much love everyone, tune in tonight at 9pm. ❤
- Songwriters Night @ Imbibe in Chapel Hill w/Tim Smith! September 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- EMCEE Blue Bear Fest in Todd, NC (outside of Boone) September 6, 2019 – September 7, 2019
- Opening for Rickolus @ The Cave! September 10, 2019 at 8:00 pm – 12:00 am
- JByrd’s Tribute Show by the GiddyUp Cowgirls @ The Kraken September 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- 11am-12pm Furry Friends Show September 14, 2019 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 6pm – Carrboro Music Festival w/the band! Bruce Horvath, Robert Cantrell, and Mark Simonsen – Steel String Brewery in Carrboro!
This week in pictures: